Here is one of my favorite recipes, crispy Jalapeno Chicken Wings. This dish is spicy, sweet, and crunchy, and it’s super easy to make.
Gather the ingredients.
- 7-9 Whole Chicken Wings
- ¼ cup Corn Starch
- ¼ tsp. Smoked Salt
- ½ tsp. Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce
- ¼ cup Water
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Jalapenos, sliced
- Joule Sous Vide Cooker
- Sous Vide Container
- Ninja Woodfire Grill or Oven
Let’s go to work.
- Rinse wings and place a large Ziploc freezer bag.
- Sprinkle in the smoked salt and black pepper then toss wings to coat.
- Cook the wings sous vide at 160°F for two hours.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, add the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, and garlic and whisk well to combine. Set it aside.
- Remove the bag from the water bath, and remove the wings, wings, placing them in a bowl.
- Add in the cornstarch and toss until all the chicken is well coated, then spray lightly with some avocado or olive oil.
- Preheat the Ninja Woodfire Grill to “Air Fry” at 400 °F; however, you can also do this in the oven.
- Set the wings in the air fry basket and cook for about 10 minutes, flipping them after 5 minutes.
- Once the skin on the wings is nice and crispy, pull them out and place them in a large bowl.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, add the sauce mixture, half of the sliced jalapenos, and bring to a boil.
- Pour some of the sauce over the wings and toss until evenly coated. Keep saucing and tossing to your liking and garnish with the remaining sliced jalapenos.
- ‘Nuff said! Plate up some of those Jalapeno Chicken Wings and enjoy!